Behind the scenes.. all of the little things that go into the development of www.TheTailorsDaughter.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Marilyn Bag

This is the Amy Butler Swing bag pattern, which is one of my favorite bags to make! Actually i have made so many of these i needed to spice it up a little bit.

Im a sucker for a bow, and contrasting prints and polka dots... So i decided to make this a tribute bag to one of my favorite icons in this feminine combo of pink and gray.

The supplies needed for this bag include a cotton twill (home dec weight). I think this is a nice trick to adding weight and stability to the bag so that it isnt so flimsy. It also prevents warping when it is washed. This is a great solution, but is not mandatory. You could also use firm interfacing, or nothing at all. Whatever you decide to use will dtermine the feel and weight of the bag.

I recommend trying all styles for bags while you are practicing this pattern. After all they make fabulous gifts!

Embroidery:

This was a photo I found of her that i manually digitized in my Bernina Version 6 design software. This digitizing software is the best, in my opinion because it takes the mystery out of vector drawings and is so easy to edit one stitch at a time. Im so please with the way it turned out!
This project has opened a world of creativity to me... In thinking of embroidery as much more than a canned design.

Nobody else will have a bag like this! How super exclusive of me... I love it!
I think i need Audrey next...

No comments:

Post a Comment